Hair loss can happen to anyone and everyone. And unfortunately, I’m not just talking about old people being effected. Contrary to popular belief, hair loss is actually a lot more common than most assume. Unfortunately, the myriad of lock loss causes can range drastically, whether it be onset from your hormones, stress level, vitamin intake, dandruff or other thyroid and autoimmune disorders, hair loss is a lot more common than most people would like to admit.
If you have been experiencing an increasing amount of loss, breakage and thinning then not to fret. There are plenty of quality and affordable options readily available on the market today. In this article, I am going to give you the run-down on what to buy, avoid and use in order to keep that hair lusciously, long and thick.
Thus, if you’re one of the many who are going through the hard experience of hair loss, I’m here to tell you that you must stay optimistic, strong and not lose hope. There are multiple viable and successful solutions to this barren problem with applications such as topical growth treatments.
Hope for Hair Loss
A topical growth treatment is basically just another fancy word for hair loss shampoo, which is a highly effective way to begin to resolve your lack of hair growth problem.
If deciding to go down this avenue for your hair loss journey (which I highly suggest you do) then there are two different options when it comes to finding just the right hair growth shampoo. You either have the choice of prescriptions or to use over-the-counter products (these options are my favorites).
There are prescription shampoos that contain high amounts of potent working ingredients such as ketoconazole, and an anti-androgenetic, which means they prevent dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and testosterone. The most common reason that men actually lose hair is because of the follicle DHT-sensitivity, which is why ketoconazole is such a key ingredient because it has been proven to directly combat this problem.
These two hormones help to target hair growth at the base of the follicle, enabling the halt of hair thinning. Although these options are known to work most of the time, thee properties can still be found in lower potencies in over the counter products. And I always suggest more all-natural methods, as it’s a much better route to go when your hair is involved!
Thus we have my first choice solution (hair loss shampoos) which is what we will be primarily talking about today in this article. The over-the-counter best hair loss shampoos usually contain amino acids and antioxidants which contain components to help rebuild the hair while also reducing inflammation and damage.
Over-the-counter products are usually my go-to remedy for all beauty and health related solutions. Therefore, if you want to experiment with some of the most highly-recommended formulas it is important to keep in mind that you want to purchase a product with tons of antioxidants such as Vitamin E, B-Vitamins, amino acids and ginseng to help rebuild and reduce any damage.
One should try and stay away from hair products that contain parabens, fragrances and sulfates because these properties are known to actually cause more damage than good by irritating the scalp, hair and reducing moisture retention.
It is not too terribly hard to find these products in the stores, as one can buy them easily in-person or order them online at websites such as Amazon. Whichever way you do it doesn’t matter, as long as you begin to take your hair journey seriously the more your scalp will thank you.
How We Chose Our Ratings
Before we dive in and forever revolutionize your hair experience, I believe it’s important that our readers understand where and why these options are being recommended to you. Only the top of the line used, tested and reviewed beauty products are listed in the article because we are strictly talking about the best shampoo for hair loss. Each of these unique serums will ensure an increase in the quality of life for your hair.
Each and every hair product and brand talked about feature excellent ratings, satisfaction and multiple testimonial growth stories. Before and After pictures can be found strewn all over the internet, attesting to the strength of some, If not all, of these different hair loss shampoos. These products are multi-faceted as they are proven to be simultaneously good for your scalp, hair and overall body.
Trust me on this one, I’m pushing for you to take your hair seriously because I want you all to have long luscious mermaid hair too!
Every girl has dreamed of having long flowing princess hair at one point or another, and by following the tips that I have listed below and purchasing one (if not all) of these products, you’ll finally be able to make those hair dreams come true.
5 Best Hair Loss Shampoos
All of the most high-quality and top of the line hair loss shampoos have been listed and graciously compared below. Each of these hair loss products is unique and has different rejuvenating properties and elements, helping these hair products to stand out from cheaper made hair growth shampoo formulas.
So check it out, and let me know what you think. No option from the choices below is the wrong option, if you know what I mean. Have fun, take a peek and let me know what you think!
Ultrax Labs Hair Surge – Caffeine Hair Loss Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo
- TOP RATED 2020 SHAMPOO FOR HAIR REGROWTH STIMULATION
- Contains highly effective CaffinoPlex blend designed and researched to aid in healthy hair growth
- Contains powerful caffeine compounds which have been shown to reduce hair loss, stimulate hair growth and block effects of testosterone within the skin
- Most effective topically available shampoo formula for men and women
- Made in the USA & Cruelty free (Never tested on animals)
This is quite possibly the most effective topically available hair loss shampoo formula for both men and women on the market today. It has been ranted and raved about for years now and has been rated as one of the top regrowth stimulation shampoo for years on end.
One reason this shampoo made the top of the list is because the active ingredients bind with the already natural ones found on your scalp and sit there until your hair and scalp absorb all that goodness. The three key ingredients are saw palmetto, ketoconazole and of course caffeine.
The price is higher than all the rest but that’s because the results are almost guaranteed, and if you don’t like your outcome you have a 90-day full money back guarantee.
- HAIR GROWTH : A blend of Argan oil, Aloe Vera, Rosemary and many other key ingredients will help stimulate cell renewal and healthy growth as it revitalizes hair follicles and supports a healthy scalp. Thicker, shinier hair returns
- HAIR LOSS : A major cause of hair loss is the body’s production of “dihydrotestosterone,” or DHT. This causes hair loss by cutting off the blood supply to hair follicles. ArtNaturals Shampoo and Conditioner Hair Growth Therapy contains multiple DHT blockers that help prevent damage and hair loss.
- ALL HAIR TYPES : The natural botanical oils and extracts go to work to hydrate, smooth and sooth hair. This scientific formula is suitable for all hair types including thick fine and normal density hair as well as straight wavy or curly hair textures.
- STRENGTHEN AND PROTECT : In addition to hair growth and hair loss, this formula is specially designed to strengthen and protect your hair from thinning, split ends, breakage and more.
- SULFATE AND PARABEN FREE : Our regrowth shampoo and conditioner set is non:GMO, hypoallergenic, sulfate free and paraben free providing the safest and most natural therapeutic hair growth shampoo set on the market
This all-natural shampoo is the way to go if you want to use something all around healthy for your hair while bypassing any chemicals in the process. As mentioned in the name argan oil along with Vitamin E, biotin, caffeine and saw palmetto all make up this decadent blend, helping to reverse previous damage wrought by years of hair neglect and abuse. With a 100% money-back guarantee and being relatively cost efficient, I don’t see a reason not to try this amazing new hair loss shampoo.
- 7-fluid ounce bottle of Nizoral A-D Anti-Dandruff Shampoo containing ketoconazole 1% to relieve flaking, scaling, and itching caused by dandruff
- This powerful dandruff control shampoo is made with ketoconazole 1%, an effective ingredient that is proven to help fight dandruff outbreaks
- Salon-tested, this dandruff treatment shampoo is specially formulated to be gentle and is safe enough to be used on color-treated, chemically processed and gray hair
- The rich, thick lather of this itchy scalp shampoo rinses clean, leaves hair smelling fresh and helps relieve scalps that are flaky, itchy and scaling
- SELF-CARE SOLUTIONS: At Kramer Laboratories we focus on consumer needs to help provide innovative solutions to everyday healthcare problems. Fight dandruff and flakiness with Nizoral anti-dandruff shampoo
This products main component is Ketoconazole which makes this shampoo almost as strong as prescription shampoo. Ketoconazole 1% helps to control itchy, scaly and flaky skin and you can receive a little higher 2% dose in prescriptions. This shampoo kills fungi that cause dandruff, which has been argued to contribute to hair loss. Nizoral blocks androgen receptors, which in turn helps to deter hair loss. However, be careful if you have sensitive skin because if left on for an exponential amount of time irritation can occur.
Lipogaine Big 5 All-Natural Shampoo
- Trusted Brand: Hundreds of thousands people around the world have been in love with Lipogaine products since 2009. Most people learnt the brand from their very satisfied friends.
- Premium natural ingredients based hair stimulating shampoo, strengthen & nourish hair and help prevent hair thinning & hair breaking. For both Men and Women with hair loss or thinning.
- Powerful proprietary blend of Biotin, Caffeine, Argan Oil, Castor oil and Saw Palmetto for the best volume and looking of your Hair
- Free of Harsh Chemicals.NO SLS, Color Safe.
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
This 100% all natural topper shampoo has some great ingredients when it comes to combating the side effects of aging and the hair loss process. Please keep in mind that the 5 option is new and different than the previously used Big 3 option. There are 5 primary ingredients that make up this hair loss shampoo and that is caffeine, biotin, castor oil, saw palmetto and argan oil. These all naturally fight to help prevent further hair loss, and although it does not contain. This shampoo is a safe bet when looking to test out some different options because it comes with a 100% satisfaction-back guarantee and it is safe to use on color treated hair.
- COMBAT HAIR LOSS: A purifying shampoo treatment recommended by doctors to help stimulate growth leaving your hair looking and feeling thicker
- CLEANSES THE SCALP: Washes away debris and DHT buildup that can choke follicles and get in the way of growth
- THE FIRST STEP: Our nourishing formula prepares the scalp for healthy growth; Alternate with NT Shampoo and use the Regenepure Essentials Advanced Hair Loss Capsules with Biotin (not included)
- RESTORATIVE INGREDIENTS: Formulated with carefully researched ingredients such as aloe vera, saw palmetto, jojoba oil, emu oil, niacin, and vitamins B3 and B6
- REJUVENATING TREATMENT: Each formula is free of sulfates, parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and other harsh chemicals; Safe for all hair types
With this shampoo, you’ll be able to shower daily and use the product with little to no negative side effects. Because of the intensity of most of the hair loss shampoos, they cannot be used during every wash because they cause the hair to become more dry and brittle than normal. Regenepure DR has been proven to successfully restore new hair growth while also adding volume, shine, texture and moisture to your lion’s mane. This product is also really helpful as a scalp conditioner when trying to treat dermatitis and dandruff.
Buyers Guide to Purchasing the Best Shampoo for Hair loss Shampoos
My advice is to always do your research before purchasing a new product, especially if it is going to go on your precious mermaid hair! In the bullets below you’ll find some tips and pointers to keep in mind when shopping around for a hair loss shampoo as the reviewers over the products are freely listing both their praises and prejudices towards the product.
- Ingredients: There are a couple of key ingredients that you should look for when trying to pick the right shampoo for your hair loss. One of those ingredients is caffeine, because just like your morning cup of coffee jolts you awake and into your day. Caffeine applied topically onto the scalp in the right formulas will also help to encourage new hair development.
- Biotin is another key ingredient to include in your hair loss shampoo preliminary check-off list, because it is known to strengthen already existing hair while also encouraging growth. Biotin plays a huge role in hair follicle health and skin cell development, which is why one should make sure to not only have it receive it in their hair products but also in their everyday diet. You can get biotin from a lot of different food sources such as peanuts, mushrooms, cooked eggs, bananas, whole grains, cauliflower and more.
- Lastly, saw palmetto plays a huge role in sprouting new hairs and has been around since the ancient times. Native Americans are famous from deriving a medicine source from these wild berries, using this herbal remedy to treat a multitude of health problems other than just hair loss such as an enlarged prostate and loss of libido. The reason this remedy is so effective is because the extraction from the berries supposedly blocks an enzyme (5-alpha-reductbase) which is known to convert testosterone to DHT. And remember, DHT is the factor primarily responsible for hair loss.
- Price: With quality products especially when it is regarding a seriously targeted matter like stimulating hair growth, sometimes you really do only get what you pay for. As we can all tell, each of these shampoos is somewhat more expensive than our normal everyday drugstore products, which is okay.
- So you just need to get it through your head that you might just have to pay a little extra for your special shampoo. It’s all good girlfriend, your new “do” will thank you!
- Cons: I’m not going to lie to you, most hair loss shampoos are all a gimmick and don’t actually work. There are so many un-reputable companies these days that are profit hungry, not customer satisfaction driven, which is why you have to be so careful when selecting a beauty company to become loyal to. The list above contains only reputable brands and customer approved products, but hey some of us might just like losing their money and hair!
- One other con is that because of the intensity of strength regarding many of these shampoos they may leave your hair feeling a little drier and brittle than normal. This is okay, and a way to combat this is by making sure you are continuously using a highly moisturizing conditioner to accompany whichever hair loss shampoo you choose.
How to Help Beat Hair Loss
Alright, so I’m just going to be honest with you here.
There is no way to completely eradicate hair loss, as it is just a natural process of life. So don’t go into this process thinking that you’ll fully regain the hair quantity that you had in your early twenties. Sometimes the fact of the matter is that that’s just not possible anymore for the age and stage in life that you have reached.
However, that’s still not to say you can’t have awesome hair, because by purchasing the correct helpful products and constantly nourishing your hair you’ll be able to ensure that your hair stays as youthful and healthy as can be.
Which hair loss shampoo seemed like it would be the best fit for your needs? Let us know, as we would love to hear from you what you found to work the best!
Last update on 2021-01-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API