Hair damage can occur from a number of causes, from heat drying, coloring, to the sun, chlorine and more. If you want healthy, manageable hair, the best thing to do is to repair and nourish it. In this article, we will offer you some premium and inexpensive options for the best drugstore shampoo for damaged hair. Here, we will show you brief reviews for each over-the-counter shampoo. The overviews will be ranked according to their online ratings.
10. TIGI Bed Head Urban Anti-dote Recovery Shampoo & Conditioner Duo Damage Level 2
The Aekyung Aekyung Kerasys Repairing Shampoo is a decadently creamy product. This shampoo has been made specifically to revitalize damaged hair. It is designed to heal and protect each strand on your head from further damage. The herbal extracts heal broken hair, while the hydrolyzed proteins, edelweiss, panthenol, and Kerasys adds strengths and glossiness.
All of these aspects work together to nourish the hair from top to bottom. This product can reduce frizz and give you a dazzling shine. It has a rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
9. Kerastase Bain Apres-Soleil/Repairing Shampoo for Colored Hair
- Highest Quality Sun Care for Hair available
The Kerastase Bain Apres-Soleil/Repairing Shampoo for Colored Hair repairs damage of all kinds. This includes damage from both the sun and hair drying. It balances the natural structure of the hair, while it gently cleanses your locks. This product will not strip any natural color; it will also not remove any of the dye in your hair.
It comes with provitamin B5 that helps to nourish the hair from the inside out. This product also helps your colored hair remain radiant and vibrant. One of the best drugstore shampoo for color treated hair, it has a rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
8. Juice Organics Repairing Shampoo
The Juice Organics Repairing Shampoo is a deeply hydrating shampoo. It is specifically made to heal and moisturize damaged hair. This helps return it to its healthiest, natural state. This shampoo helps in strengthening your tresses to fight against further breakage. The product nourishes and hydrates using a unique blend of natural botanicals.
These botanicals include coconut oil, soy protein, Argan and borage seed oils. Nourishing aloe vera and grape juice help add a healthy shine. This product is the best drugstore shampoo for damaged hair that strengthens, repairs and nourishes. It has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars online.
7. Deep Steep Shampoo Daily Repairing
- Deep Steep, Conditioner Coconut Oil High Shine, 10 Fl Oz
The Deep Steep Shampoo Daily Repairing is intended for daily use. It is targeted toward damaged, brittle hair. This organic shampoo works to deeply nourish each strand of hair from the inside out. The shampoo works perfectly well on dyed hair, sun damaged hair, heat damaged hair and more. It is totally free from sulfates which can reinforce the shape of your curls.
This formula also works to stop additional breakage. Organic rice, quinoa and Vitamin B5 provide essential nutrients to your locks. It is the best drugstore shampoo for damaged hair that restores and fortifies. The conditioner that comes with this shampoo will leave your hair extra smooth and silky. This product has been rated 3.9 out of 5 stars.
6. (OGX) Organix Shampoo Awapuhi Ginger
- Apply shampoo generously to wet hair, massage into a lather through to ends, then rinse the hair thoroughly. After shampooing, follow with conditioner. Warning: Avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs rinse immediately. For best results use in conjunction with other OGX products.
The (OGX) Organix Shampoo Awapuhi Ginger is made just for those who need to heal their broken hair. This shampoo also helps eliminate any breakage in the future. No matter how you damaged your hair, this product can help you. Frizzy hair can also be tamed and deeply nourished with this best drugstore shampoo and conditioner set for damaged hair.
This shampoo helps to mend the hair from the root to the tip. It has an average rating online of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
You might also like: 10 Best Drugstore Shampoos for Frizzy Hair
5. Carol’s Daughter Monoi Repairing Shampoo
- With an anti-breakage, sulfate-free formula
- Helps cleanse and detangle hair while restoring vitality to distressed hair
- Contains Monoi Oil derived from Tahitian Tiare Gardenia Flower
The Carol’s Daughter Monoi Repairing Shampoo is made from a careful mixture of nourishing ingredients. The prominent ingredient is the ultra hydrating and revitalizing coconut oil. Free of sulfates, this shampoo is perfect for those who want to define their curls.
The shampoo can be used on even the most damaged, dry hair without harming it or drying it out further. It is the best drugstore shampoo for damaged hair that gives a healthier and fuller appearance from the beginning. It has a rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
4. Garnier Whole Blends Repairing Shampoo Honey Treasures
- Garnier Whole Blends Repairing Shampoo formula is blended with Honey known to Replenish, and Propolis & Royal Jelly known to Nourish and Repair
- Garnier Whole Blends Repairing Shampoo with Royal Jelly, Honey and Propolis extracts is paraben-free, gentle for everyday use and is enriched with a natural blend
- Honey for Hair is prized for its healing properties, Honey is believed to be one of nature's most soothing ingredients and is also a natural humectant, meaning it helps maintain hair's natural moisture
- Garnier Whole Blends Repairing Shampoo with Royal Jelly, Honey and Propolis extracts is a creamy, lush formula that brings to life our wholesome care that strengthens hair and prevents split ends and breakage
- For every blend, there's Whole Blends, Hair Care blended with purpose, Because when the right ingredients come together something beautiful happens, We believe in the power of blends because Blended Makes us Better
The Garnier Whole Blends Repairing Shampoo Honey Treasures is designed to prevent further breakage. This shampoo strengthens the hair while it heals your damaged tresses. Using honey, jelly and propolis extracts, this repairing shampoo nourishes the hair from root to tip.
All of these compounds work in harmony to heal both breakages and split ends. It is the best drugstore shampoo for damaged hair that offers perfect shine and softness. This store-bought shampoo has a rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
3. Sulfate Free Shampoo and Conditioner for Dry and Damaged Hair
- MOROCCAN ARGAN OIL is a gentle but powerful natural oil used in many cosmetic products for its healing and nourishing properties. Shampoo and conditioner for dry hair strengthens + repairs damage.
- HYPOALLERGENIC fight frizz breakage and split ends while preventing hair loss and shedding with avocado oil peach kernel oil and botanical keratin. Strengthen and protect hair with vitamins and antioxidants.
- REVITALIZE HAIR camellia seed oil and almond oil promote scalp health and hydration. Great for all hair types on men and women of all ages. Lightweight formula locks in moisture for silky smooth hair.
- PACKED WITH VITAMINS beneficial ingredients contain vitamin A B D and E. Silk amino acids help fortify the protein building blocks of hair. Replenish hair with moisture with this emollient shampoo and conditioner set.
- 100% GUARANTEE nourishing all in one treatment for dry scalp + hair has a warm vanilla aroma. Hair growth therapy soothes scalp + heals hair. Made in a facility in the USA.
The John Frieda Frizz Ease Miraculous Recovery Repairing Shampoo is perfect for healing dried out, damaged hair. It doesn’t matter if you have damaged it by heat, styling, the sun or any other compound–this inexpensive shampoo can help. It is especially useful for those with brittle, frizzy hair.
This shampoo tames the hair by mending the fatty structures in your strands. The result is soft and sleek hair that is manageable. It has an online rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
2. L’Occitane Aromachologie Repairing Shampoo
- Hair is left looking and feeling supple, shiny and silky.
- Wet hair, lather shampoo and rinse after 1-2 minutes. Suitable for daily use.
- Apply on wet hair massage gently into a thick lather then rinse thoroughly
The L’Occitane Aromachologie Repairing Shampoo uses a thoughtful mixture of five essential oils: ylang-ylang, geranium, patchouli, lavender, and angelica. All of these work hand in hand with the potent inclusion of wheat proteins.
Benefits from this mixture include total restoration of damaged hair. This powerful shampoo can heal hair from a number of different sources of damage: dyes, heat damage or over styling. It has a rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars online.
1. Nexxus PROMEND Split End Repairing System FLAX SEED OIL Concentrated Protein Shampoo and Conditioner
- • Hair shampoo gently cleanses damaging impurities and buildup • Prepares hair for split end binding • Binds up to 92% of split ends together after just one use* • Use daily to maintain strong, healthy-looking hair
- • Targets and binds split ends together • Binds up to 92% of split ends together after just one use* • Use daily to maintain strong, healthy-looking hair
The Nexxus PROMEND Split End Repairing System FLAX SEED OIL Concentrated Protein Shampoo and Conditioner is excellent at mending split ends. This set softly cleanses buildup without taking out any essential nutrients. This shampoo also reinforces your locks all at once.
The shampoo can piece together up to 92 percent of split ends after just one use. The included conditioner helps to detangle the damaged hair and keep the ends together. It has been given an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5 stars.
You can’t change the past and un-damage your hair. What you can do is begin to heal it. This list will give you a good place to start shopping for your next best drugstore shampoo for damaged hair. If we did not talk about your favorite shampoo, tell us about it. Let us know why it’s so special in the comments below.