Everyone wants smooth, hydrated and soft hair that looks like it could be featured in the pages of a magazine or a shampoo ad. Unfortunately, not all of us are blessed with naturally gorgeous hair. One of the most common hair concerns is frizz. Frizziness generally occurs when the hair is dry and brittle, which can make it break easily and separate from the rest of your hair. To solve frizz, you need conditioning products that are specifically formulated to target dryness and brittleness. If you’re looking for the best conditioner for frizzy hair, keep reading. These 10 products will help you to get the hair you want and say goodbye to frizz forever.
10. Pantene Smooth & Sleek 3 Minute Miracle Daily Conditioner
- Pantene Smooth & Sleek 3 Minute Miracle Daily Conditioner is our gold standard in smoothing
This drugstore favorite might be quite inexpensive, but don’t let the low price point fool you. This conditioner is specifically designed for frizzy hair. It is a heavier conditioner to keep hair smooth and tamed. It’s meant to be left on for three minutes in the shower, which allows it to really penetrate the hair and add softness from the inside out. This is the perfect choice for anyone who wants an effective deep conditioning treatment but who doesn’t want to spend a fortune.
More products to tame frizz: 10 Best Drugstore Shampoos for Frizzy Hair
9. Peter Thomas Roth Mega Rich Conditioner
- Beauty product
- This item is not a Tester
- Packaging may vary. Vitamins C & E - provide anti-oxidant benefits
- Biotin B-7 Complex- helps improve the appearance of body and shine for thick, healthy-looking hair
- Pro Vitamin B5 - helps weightlessly condition and nourish the look of hair
One big misconception about frizzy hair is that anyone who experiences frizz must have hair that is coarse, thick and curly. This of course is not the case. Even those with fine hair and oily scalps can experience frizz. This Peter Thomas Roth conditioner is perfect for any fine hair types who want to tame frizz without weighing their hair down. It’s packed with antioxidants and vitamins C, E, B5 and B12. Not only will these help to subdue frizz, but over time, its hair-healthy ingredients will help you to enjoy healthier tresses overall.
8. Redken Extreme Anti Snap Leave-In Treatment
- Extreme Anti-Snap leave-in treatment gently smoothes the cuticle, reduces friction from brushing
- helps fortify hair that's prone to breaking, splitting or snapping off.
- Redken's exclusive Interbond Conditioning System delivers a unique 3D Repair
This isn’t technically a “conditioner” in the sense that you apply it in the shower and then rinse it off. However, if you’re looking for the best leave-in conditioner for frizzy hair, the Redken Extreme Anti Snap Leave-In Treatment is a solid option. When applied to wet hair before blow-drying, it smooths the strands and helps to reduce frizz. It contains proteins and ceramides that can dramatically reduce how much your hair snaps and breaks over time, which is often the root of the issue when you experience excessive frizziness.
7. Paul Mitchell The Detangler
When your hair is tangled, it can often lead to breakage, which causes the hair to become dry and frizzy. The Detangler has long been considered the best conditioner for frizzy hair. It’s designed not only to put hydration back into the hair, but to also prevent tangling. The conditioner makes brushing and styling easier and leads to less hair breakage. It’s packed with amazing ingredients that leave your hair smelling heavenly, including Hawaiian awapuhi, chamomile, henna, jojoba, rosemary, and aloe vera. There’s a reason why Paul Mitchell products have been a staple in so many salons for so many years.
6. Redken All Soft Conditioner
- Advanced silkening formulas transform the texture of dry, brittle hair
- Provides intense softness, replenishment and strength
- Deliver increased manageability, movement and luminous shine
- Detangles and replenishes hair to provide intense softness, movement and shine
When you suffer from excessively dry hair, your biggest concern is getting hair that’s soft to the touch. While a lot of conditioners promise to restore shine and reduce frizz, they don’t always guarantee that your hair will actually feel soft. This is why the best conditioner for dry frizzy hair is undoubtedly the Redken All Soft Conditioner, a cult favorite for those whose dry hair struggles to absorb moisture. With continued use, dryness and brittleness disappear and hair starts to feel soft to the touch.
5. Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner For Dry Hair
- 8.5-fluid ounce tube of Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner intensely hydrates to improve hair smoothness and manageability, with visible results after just one use
- This extra hydarting conditioner contains 3 naturally-derived extracts designed to penetrate each layer of the hair strand, treating your hair from the inside out
- Olive extract penetrates deep down to the center of each strand of hair, meadowfoam extract helps moisturize the middle, and sweet almond extract wraps around the surface of hair
- This convenient, one-minute moisture conditioner is salon-approved and clinically proven to help even severely dry, over-processed hair feel softer and smoother all day, with dramatic improvements with every use
- The restorative hair conditioner is specially formulated to treat extra-dry, damaged, over-processed and color-treated hair by helping to tame flyaways and frizz, for healthier-looking hair all day
This is another drugstore find, but don’t let the affordable price fool you. This is the best conditioner for frizzy hair if you’re looking for something that won’t break the bank but that will tame frizz by giving your hair the moisture and hydration that it so desperately needs. Even though it’s a drugstore brand, it’s packed with the same richly hydrating oils that you’d find in comparable salon products, including olive, sweet almond and meadowfoam seed oils. Although it’s a deeply conditioning product, it’s formulated for everyday use.
4. It’s a 10 Miracle Deep Conditioner Plus Keratin
- Keratin protein enriched
- Superior penetration
- Smoothes detangles and restores strength and elasticity
- Keratin portein enriched, deeply moisturizes
- Superior penetration, smoothes, detangles
It’s a 10 has become one of the most popular hair brands over the past few years and there’s a reason why both stylists and clients love this line. Their products are formulated with keratin and proteins that help to strengthen brittle, frizzy hair. This deep conditioning treatment is perfect as a weekly hair mask or as a daily treatment if your hair is very dry. If you’re looking for the best conditioner for frizzy hair that will also strengthen your hair, this is definitely a good choice.
3. Davines OI Conditioner
- Formulated with Roucou Oil, a natural active ingredient to restructure hair
- Prevents hair aging and offers strong anti-oxidant action
- Boosts volume, improves hair texture and delivers superior moisture
Davines is a boutique brand that’s utterly adored by all of the trendiest girls on Instagram. The OI Conditioner frequently takes home all of the big beauty awards when it comes to the best conditioner for frizzy hair. Not only is it full of oils and nutrients that restore shine and vitality to frizzy hair, but it smells absolutely divine. The OI Conditioner comes in a tub and has a thick, buttery feel. It can be used as a daily treatment or just as a weekly indulgence when you’re having some at-home spa time.
2. The Honempany Conditioning Detanglerst Co
- Luxurious argan oil, shea butter, jo
- A blend of argan oil, shea butter, jojoba protein and quinoa extract naturally softens and nourishes
- Silken and separate strands and eliminate fly-away with our delightful spray
- Made with plant-derived ingredients
- Use anytime to help calm cowlicks or kick start curls
This is another “best conditioner for frizzy hair” that isn’t technically a “conditioner” in the sense that you apply in the shower and then rinse it out of your hair, but rather a product that you apply after getting out of the shower to add more hydration to your locks, which those with frizzy hair typically need. This product is unique in that it serves as both a leave-in conditioner and a detangling treatment. Since frizzy hair tends to tangle easily, this gorgeous leave-in product will help to make styling much simpler.
1. Pureology Hydrate Conditioner
The Pureology Hydrate Conditioner is hands-down the best conditioner for frizzy hair. Formulated with jojoba oil, green tea and sage, not only will this product eradicate dryness, frizziness and breakage, but it’s also perfectly safe for color-treated hair. It can actually help to make your hair color last longer. Free of sulfates and completely vegan, this beautiful product will completely restore moisture without ever weighing your hair down or making it feel greasy. The hair is left hydrated, soft and bouncy, with a gorgeous scent that lingers after you’ve stepped out of the shower.
It’s Time To Kiss Frizz Goodbye
Remember, frizz can be exacerbated by how we treat our hair. Always be gentle when you’re brushing and styling. If you’re working with heat tools, be sure to apply leave-in treatments like the two featured on this list, as they can reduce damage and breakage. Otherwise, be sure to always use one of these great conditioners in the shower. Over time, you’ll see more hydration and less unsightly frizziness. Which product do you consider the best conditioner for frizzy hair? Share your thoughts in the comments!